Monday, July 14, 2008

June

Wow! June was a big month. Sorry, to all that regularly check the blog, for not being more diligent. Let me start by explaining the only new picture. We mostly finished one room in our basement so we could move Max and Micah downstairs. Now Mark can have a real office again. We did an experiment: coloring the basement floor with concrete stain. Then color in the picture is what it looked like as soon as we were done applying it. It now has the color of dark charcoal. It turned out nice so, I think we will do the basement bathroom and kitchenette with the same stuff.

More big news!! Mark has been asked to serve in the bishopric for our local LDS ward as second counselor. The calling certainly doesn't relieve much stress but gives us more of a purpose for moving. We are sooo greatly blessed by the strength the Lord has given our family through all our trials this past year. Hopefully this calling will give us greater peace and understanding of how the Lord works through us all.

July is a big month for us marking the year anniversary of our major car accident. We want to thank all of you who helped out in that time and let you know that we are healing and continue to value every day of our precious lives. Just a good wish to you to be safe and smart as you go about your summer activities.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sgmom said...

I can't wait to see your floor. I've been interested in that since I saw it done on a TV show. I know this has been a hard year, but you always grow from those. Remember it is temporary and you will survive. It was great to have you here for the 4th. My turn now. Enjoy your calling, Mark.